January 15, 2009

Seasons of Change

Meeting up with my girlfriends proved to be even more cathartic than I thought. How I've missed all the bitching sessions we used to have together, shopping raves, and talking just about anything under the sun. Most of all, I've missed them.

It's interesting to note that as our status in life changed, so did our topics of conversation. What used to be conversations about work now became discussions about married life and the surrounding environment and people that came with it. It was an interesting change, which I embraced. It does not mean that this has become a gathering of "si lais", but something we all grew into as we moved into that chapter of our lives.

Seasons of change. It's a good thing.

On another note, I'll be seeing Hester's baby for the first time this Sunday. Ahh ... darlin' Nat. I remembered exclaiming to Tim, after getting that text message from her that baby Natalie has arrived, "She took my future daughter's name!!!" Oh yeah, I wanted Natalie too :p

2 comments:

beetrice said...

haha...i 'chuup' the "H" name i mentioned to you the other day first ah! (although God knows when THAT's going to happen...LOL)

Anonymous said...

This post really feels like deja vu, and I know exactly what you mean when you say seasons do change...