July 14, 2006

Exercise - Not Such A Pain In The Ass After All

Apologies for the lack of posts. Call it writers' block, or that I was just plain busy (sheer laziness would be another excuse, but I'll keep that for another day).

I've been rather pre-occupied lately, with my cousins back from the US for summer holidays, and also my weekly workout sessions. Yep, yours truly, the lazy bugger that I am, have been working out almost every alternate day of the week. The days in between, I've been doing a lot of brisk-walking around my neighbourhood. I have ballooned to a massive weight of ... well, let's just say, it's pretty horrendous (you've got to be kidding me if you thought I'd actually tell you what I weigh).

After all the bloody hard work, for some eff-ing reason, the weight doesn't seem to be dropping. Yes, the arms are getting more toned, and so are the legs, which is good, but the bloody belly and love handles (OMG, they're bloody tyres!) do not seem to be diminishing (maybe they are, but the progress is just too bloody long).

It's the food. It's damn hard to diet properly when I'm back in Malaysia. I mean, there you are, resolved to only having a muesli bar (F calls 'em "misery" bars, which is what they damn well are, come to think of it) and an oatmeal drink for breakfast at the company cafeteria; lo and behold, they start serving nasi goreng ikan masin (fried rice with salted fish), fresh from the kuali (wok). So you tell me ... diet? How can?!


On the other hand, despite the hard work, it's true what they say, exercise DOES make you feel good. I feel much better than I usually did before, healthier and happier than I've been in a while. Plus, it's great that I now have company while exercising too (I managed to sucker a few friends into joining the fitness studio near my house, and to make it worth our money, they have no choice but to go for the workout sessions too. Tee hee hee!). I had a dream last night, that I had very well-toned abs. I woke up this morning, saw the jiggling belly in front of the mirror and sighed. Oh well.

Have I mentioned that perseverance is such a bitch? It is.

Anyways, stay tuned for my next post, which is on the trip I took with the family to Genting Highlands last weekend. Oh yeah, I'm also currently working on revamping the site a little. Or maybe do a overhaul of the whole thing. I'm still thinking of whether to post pictures of me here though. I mean, I appreciate the anonymity, but people I know post pictures they took WITH me in their blogs, and I'm linked to them too, so if you think about it, it's quite difficult trying to remain incognito for long. Hmm ...

It just seems wrong that this narcissist can't post pictures of herself (decent ones, mind you!) on the Internet now, doesn't it? *wink*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why else do you think I went to the gym EVERYDAY after breaking up? Other than the fact that the guys in my gym are H-O-T... ;)

Tine said...

There are absolutely NO hot guys in my gym. They're either young boys or old men. Geez. Only the ladies are eye candies. Hmmm :p