December 19, 2005

Still Here, By The Way

Realised I have not posted anything in a while. Still very much alive, just in case anyone thinks I've decided to crawl under the covers of my good ol' bed and not come out. It's just that nothing much has happened which I can talk about. Still, something's better than nothing, I guess.

Appearance-wise, I still look the same, other than gaining the odd pounds to compensate the lack of good food in Japan. I coloured my hair (AGAIN!) too, and it's now red. I told the hair stylist to give me a darker shade of red, but she managed a dark copper with gold highlights. Not my cuppa tea, as it is far too bright for my liking, but to salvage what hair I still have left from all the chemicals and heat work, I decided to leave it as it is. Oh, for the first time in years, I have a hint of bangs :)

A couple of Sundays ago, 'twas a movie marathon day for my friend and I. We watched
The Chronicles of Narnia and Harry Potter: The Goblet of Fire. Yeps, two British kiddie movies in a day. The Chronicles of Narnia was okay, but it could have been better. It was rated G, which was perfect for the kiddies. I guess I'll start reading the book now ;) As for Harry Potter, I was surprised that it was rated G instead of PG13 as other countries have, because it is a much darker movie than the first three, and definitely NOT meant for children to watch. Amazing this was, I don't think that any part of the movie was censored for the kids' viewing pleasure (either that, or the censorship people's been doing a FANTASTIC job in lopping off scenes smoothly). All in all, I wouldn't rate it a 5-star movie, but I'll admit that the CGI was good, and that I'll definitely be waiting for the next one.

On a more materialistic note, I bought a new mobile phone. It's a
Panasonic VS7, and I got it at RM1000. Quite a good buy too, given that the market price is about RM1400. Again, the wonders of online shopping. The 2 mega-pixel camera would have done my photographs better justice, but with a CMOS lens, there's only so much I can squeeze out of the camera. It's also a lot bigger than other conventional phones available in the market, but I'm done with tiny screens (my current phone's screen's a whopping 2.5") and even tinier keypads. Mum's been eyeing the phone I bought too, since the numbers and text are huge. Better for her eyes, bless her.

On an even more materialistic note, our annual bonus is out. Did pretty okay this year, no complaints there. Still, there's going to be no spending on the money; they're all going into my travel/car/house fund. I transferred 80% of the bonus into an untouchable account as soon as the money was in. Talk about self-perseverance! ;)

No comments: