February 10, 2006

Blogging On Blogging

As I read the past entries of my blog, I am filled with a sense of poignancy. There were entries which tugged at my heartstrings, which still wrenches my heart when I read them again, as I recall of the past. I actually have another blog, which I told no one about. It was a very private one, in which I wrote to pour my heart to. I stopped updating that blog last year, as I didn’t think there was any point in continuing as things were never going to be as I have hoped for. Looking back, reading all those entries once again … I believe it’s time for a closure. I shall not delete that blog, as it will always be a bittersweet memory to me.

Thus, I started this blog with the intention of just writing anything which comes to mind, yet still holding back the gory details (of course, it was also to keep up with the world who’s currently so into blogging, but that’s another story). I announced its presence on the Internet to a few close friends; however, it has become a little more public than I have hoped when the people whom I do not wish reading my blog, know of its existence. Also, it has become more of a shoutout session for me for birthdays, special occasions, holiday seasons, etc than anything else, which was not what it was supposed to be in the first place. I do not regret a single entry, but it’s time to return this blog to what it was supposed to be - a place to pen my thoughts, good or bad. A place to record happy memories. A place to bury sad ones. Also, a place to bitch about other people (so play nice *grin*). A place to rant. A place of my own.

I have a good mind to change the blog’s address to something else, but till I think of a good one, it shall remain as it is. This way, I will be able to blog without worrying about unwanted readers. Submitting its link to OneThousandBloggers was done out of a whim, which I now regret.

As a first step, I have disabled comments to this blog. I’m not sure if this erases all the previous comments left on my blog. If they are, I apologise in advance to those who have left comments on my blog – they were very much appreciated. I’m glad to have readers (especially my #1 fan – you know who you are *wink*). If you wish to comment on anything which I have written, please send me an email. You know where to reach me :)

To my readers, thanks for everything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yo... luv this style..