February 28, 2006

Leaving On A Jet Plane

It’s finally confirmed. I’ll be leaving for Japan on 6 March. Received my money and air tickets today. This time I’ll not be there for the usual 2 months, but a long and weary 11 weeks. I’m all numb and unfeeling now. The dread of going to Japan for such a long period has built to such a stage where I don’t even know whether to laugh or to cry. It’s inevitable, but the thought of it has always been pushed to the back of my mind lest it bums me out when I do think of it.

I won’t even begin to tell of how much I’m going to miss home. I guess there are things which I just cannot simply let go. Yet this time, I have a feeling it wouldn't be so bad. In fact, it will be good. Because I said so.

Eleven
weeks. Taking it a day at a time. This too, shall pass.

No comments: