February 10, 2006

Friends Are Friends Forever

One of my dearest, bestest friends returns to Melbourne today. I woke up this morning, with a heavy heart and a great deal of sadness. It's not just because I'm going to miss her. The time during which she was back, I went out A LOT. Perhaps not in the frequency that other people would think (no, I did NOT go out everyday, nor party till the wee hours of the morning), but definitely a lot more than what I did the past couple of years. When we went out, just chatting, hanging out with other girlfriends whom I've either not seen in ages, or that I do not normally hang out with, it reminded me of how I used to be. Outgoing, lively, and most of all, happy. It was as though I was ME again. And I missed ME.

I missed the company of GIRLS. I've been hanging out with waaaay too many guys, most of which were my colleagues (Edit - by the way, if you're reading this right now, y'all know who y'all are, and this was not meant as an insult. I really appreciated your company. Always have, always will). I missed shopping with my girlfriends, bitching about other girls, moaning about our boyfriends, etc. I missed going out. I missed the strong, independant person whom I was two years ago. I missed the person in me who was always laughing and smiling.

To be honest, she dragged my pathetic ass out of the house to go out. If it's not because of her, I'd probably still be moping about in my room. And I thank her for that, because I finally realised how much I've changed and missed. I don't know if I'll have the strength to keep this up. But for my sake, I'll have to try. I'm not getting any younger. I'm done crying. I'm done moping. I'm done feeling sorry for myself, and for hating the cruel world. I'm just ... done.

May, the past month has been wonderful. Thanks so much. Gonna miss you a lot. I love you, and yes, you were, are and always will be my BESTEST friend in the whole wide world (except when I need a ride from Ah Siah; then ... err... the roles may change a bit. But just for a wee while, I promise! :p). All the best in Melbourne. See you in 2007, and hopefully, in Melbourne!

No comments: