December 14, 2007

It's A Wet Friday & I Ain't Happy

Wet

I just realised it's 27 more days before I leave my workplace, and go on a temporary break (I said temporary because contrary to what a lot of people think, I DO intend to continue working once I'm in Australia. But gimme a break, ya? I know I deserve it). Most of the time, I really do feel heavy-hearted to leave, but there are also times when I just can't wait to get the hell out.

What I'm Going To Miss
  • My peeps. I've made some beautiful friendships with some of my colleagues (a few of whom are now some of my closest friends), and it's them whom I'm going to miss the most *sob*.
  • The comfortable working environment. Working there for 4 years has earned me at least some sort of recognition amongst my peers and seniors, and even though I don't have me own cubicle, I do like my big workbench. And my PC (I'm so going to miss my 19" monitor. I know it may be small to some, but it's huge to me, and it was all mine). And my comfy chair.
  • The rush in adrenaline when having hot debates with the managers during meetings, and the brainstorming sessions with my girls. It keeps my brains working and from going mush.

What I'm NOT Going To Miss
  • The ridiculous policies that we had to adhere to, which proves no productivity nor any good, but we all have do it because it's the RULES. Sigh. So what else is new, eh?
  • The idiot in my office, who is giving me more grief day after day. To say I detest him is an understatement. He's what I'd call an irritating fly, which I'd dearly love to swat. Sometimes I wish I had a wittier tongue when it comes to dealing with him. I just can't believe the number of times I actually let him get away with his words with me :(
  • Dealing with incompetent people. Many a time, other than tearing my hair out, I just wanted to ask them if they were born stupid. Really.

Sigh ... it's just one of those days in which I wished I was out of here sooner.

Happy gloomy and wet Friday, folks.

To the idiot, thanks for ruining my Friday, jackass.

2 comments:

TrueBluePenangite said...

Poor girl..hopefully the jackass' ears are burning. I got pissed off at work too tonight, and I only went in for 5 hrs. I guess it's global.

Thanks for linking me though :p

Lovies...

Anonymous said...

Kill the jackass! Anyway, you've been gone soon and he won't be able to bother you anymore.

(:

Happy Weekend!