December 24, 2007

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree

Behold our 6-feet, themeless and over-decorated Christmas tree!

Christmas Tree 2007

Gaudy in many ways, but for some reason, I like it. In a way, it's a good thing we never did do a colour theme, or else we won't be able to buy the Christmas baubles we'd really want, I mean, having to stick to a specific theme and all.

Anyhoos, it's pretty much my last Christmas at home, unless we plan to come back for Christmas in the years to come. I doubt it though, as we may not be able to come back for Chinese New Year given how close the two festive seasons are. Mum kept rubbing it in that she'll be losing me soon. I'm like, err, I'm just moving away; I'm not dying.

"Aiya, same what. My daughter's leaving me soon ... sigh ... "

Golly, it all does sound pretty melancholic, doesn't it?

On a lighter note, I've got one more Christmas pressie to get, and that's for Dad. It's funny that I can never think of what to get for him for Christmas. I mean, heck, you'd think I'd have years of experience already, but I still can't think of what to get for him. Any ideas?

Last minute Christmas eve shopping. Man, I'm really pushing it, aren't I? *gulp*

8 comments:

beetrice said...

Haha..we used to have that same problem..but the past couple of years mum's gone for a tiny fibre-optic tree..not quite the same lah..

With our dads, anything golf-related sure cannot go wrong one..*lol*

It's a sad thing lor about you moving off to Aus, but before you know it, your parents will be jetting over to see you lah... :D

PB said...

Its a lovely tree! And I agree with Beetrice that you might just find your parents on your doorstep next year! :)Merry Christmas Tine and thanks for the card.

may said...

your tree looks fabulous! your mum could always come over to Oz and celebrate Christmas here instead. as long as the family is together, yea?

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year!

Anonymous said...

Your parents can visit you in Ozzie; and take it as a holiday there. Heh!

(:

Anyway, Merry Christmas!

P.S. --- The tree isn't gaudy; cherry, to me.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Tine!

Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~~~geekchic

Merry Christmas :)

Before I forget it, let me share this with you. (This post might not be the most apt to share this tip but aiyah...)

When you move over permanently, one of the things you need to bring along is a row of those adaptors. You know, gang of 4 in a row? That way, you need to buy only ONE malaysian-australian converter for the head of the adaptor, and you can still plug your malaysian chargers into the adaptor without the need of a converter.

It's the ONLY smartest thing I've ever done. :)

zewt said...

Merry Christmas Tine.... say hi to Tim too!

Tine said...

Beetrice: Wahh ... we're still old skool with our prickly tree :p

Paris: Hehe, you're welcome. And thanks for the gift, it's simply GORGEOUS!!

May: Mum would probably not come during Christmas given that it's hotter in Australia than M'sia during that time. Kekeke!

Kyels: Oooh cherry? Never thought of it that way :p

Pablo: Meri Kerismas, Mistah Lawyah :p

Geekchic: OMG, thanks for the headsup! I must remember to bring that with me to Aus :p

Zewt: Blessed Christmas to you and Jules :)