September 07, 2005

Humanity At Its Best

I read this on the news today - Countries Offering U.S Aid for Katrina.

It was encouraging to know that so many countries offered whatever aid they could, to help the victims and the emergency personnel during the Hurricane Katrina disaster. Third-world countries actually contributed millions of dollars to the relief. The ones which did not send money, sent valuable medical services, equipment and manpower instead. I thought that such contributions (services and equipment) were really useful, compared to monetary supplements because these services were needed immediately. I guess there is still such a thing as corporate humanity in the world. I found it rather amusing that Panama contributed 120 000 pounds of bananas to the relief. Oh well, you spare what you can.

Still, you know what the disappointing thing is? I did not see Malaysia on the list.

No comments: