September 03, 2005

Modern Talking

I was at the shopping mall today, and walking past an electronics store, I heard the almost-forgotten band, Modern Talking, playing over the 42-inch TVs. It's been such a long time since I've heard Cheri Cheri Lady and Brother Louie. I can't help but feel nostalgic for the 80s (when boys were fiends) and 90s (when boys became crushes).

How time flies, when playing loud music over the stereo no longer appeals to me. I'd rather be listening to soft jazz and contemporary ballads rather than having heavy metal rock the house (pardon the pun). What is it with the music nowadays? How is it that everybody became so angst-ridden and washed with the oh-the-world-hates-me-I'd-rather-be-dead feeling, that they all became Avrils? Or have we become so jaded that sappy love songs are now nothing more than just "hit-the-sack" music?

One thing's for certain. Next item on my shopping list?

A Modern Talking CD ;)

No comments: