September 14, 2005

What A Week

Apologies for the week-long silence. I've been rather preoccupied lately, what with all that's going on.

It's been an emotional week for me. Falling out with friends may seem easy, trivial even, when you do not do anything about it. Building bridges, and regaining trust is the most difficult part of all. Suffice to say, I learnt a lot from the experience.

Time sure flies. In less than a week, I shall be going to Japan. Again. To say that I'm tired of it all is an understatement. That country could either make me or break me; it depends on how I choose to live. At this moment, I really do not know. I can choose to remain optimistic, with hopes that things will be for the better this time. But with greater hopes, come greater disappointments. I've learnt that lesson plenty of times.

Still, having said all that, I choose NOT to be jaded. There are still good things in life which I can look forward to. Friends, soaking in a different culture, the experience in living in a different country, etc ... any of these has got to, at least, amount to something good. I choose to believe it will.

On a lighter note, I shall be going to KL for a long weekend. I shall be attending a good friend's wedding, whom I have not seen in close to two years. On a not-so-light note, I shall also be meeting with an old flame too, whom I have not seen in a long time. I hope things will go well. Ackwardness aside, it will be good meeting up with old friends again (we were a crazy bunch back in the UK). Plus, it's a great excuse to dress up! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"With the new new day comes new strength and new thoughts."
- Eleanor [Anna] Roosevelt (1884 - 1962)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."
- Confucius

thanks. me follow 2nd one

Tine said...

I believe I'll follow the second one too :)

beetrice said...

sound advice, my dear...hope to at least catch a glimpse of you when you pop into KL k? ;)