March 29, 2006

Car Wars 2006

I read this on NST today.

Car Wars - Up to RM40000 cut in prices for imported cars

Oh sure, cut the prices of cars now AFTER I bought my Waja. That's cruel irony for ya. Anyways, intrigued, I read on.

KUALA LUMPUR: Let the price war begin! Car importers have begun to slash car prices, within a week of the National Automotive Policy being announced by the Government. Consumers are expected to benefit from the move which has seen some high-end car importers bringing prices down between RM20,000 and RM40,000.

My my, that's a lot of money. If you tell me that they're cutting RM20,000 off the current Wajas, I'll go slit my own throat now. But wait a secc. High-end cars? Okay. No hope for Proton then.

Volvo Car Malaysia Sdn Bhd announced price reductions of up to RM20,000, depending on the models. The seven per cent reduction comes into effect immediately.

Volvo?!! How many of us actually owns a Volvo?! (By the way, the Volvo my dad's driving belongs to the company, not him, so shut up)

I nearly laughed my ass off after reading the next few lines.

DaimlerChrysler Malaysia, meanwhile, has announced price reductions of 6.5 per cent to 10 per cent for all its completely knocked-down (CKD) models, with immediate effect. "The CKD Mercedes-Benz C180K model previously retailed at RM255,800 but with the savings on duty, customers can expect to purchase the luxury make for RM233,888," the company said in a statement. The model with the biggest price reduction was the Mercedes-Benz E240K, which now retails at RM388,000, down from RM428,000.

Imagine this:

Trophy Wife: Lou kong ah, guess what?
Rich ol' Hubby: Whaaat?
Trophy Wife: Merce-dee now veli cheap. Gah-men say cut price for imported cars woh.
Rich ol' Hubby: Really one or not? Gah-men also last time say AFTA 2005 punya cars sure cheap one, also don't have. Somemore now with the AP problem with that Rafidah, aiya, you sure or not?
Trophy Wife: This time gah-men already confirmed liao. Lou kong ah, the E240K balu RM388K nia, so cheap. Buy for me lah!
Rich ol' Hubby: Okay loh. I also want to buy one. Maybe should buy one for Girl-girl and one for Boy-boy. Their BMWs already kena banged-up quite bad.

What utter rubbish. So typical of the government to insult our intelligence by making the price cut of imported cars such a hype, when it's so difficult to even afford mid-range-priced ones.

Car wars? Not blardy likely.

No comments: