March 03, 2006

More Lessons

Today I learnt a few important lessons. Some things to think about. How much am I willing to compromise to maintain a good relationship with someone? At the end of the day, is it worth it? What if the other person turns his/her back on you, and you’re left out in the cold? Whose fault would it be? All mine, because I assumed too much. In hopes of gaining the respect and favour of one, I may lose out on things which matter to me, which I deserve to achieve. At the end of the day, as much as I hate to admit it, I’m just a people-pleaser.

Sometimes I realise how easy it is for me to understand and handle other people’s problems than mine. When I’m related to problems which another is facing, it’s so easy for me to think objectively and rationally. And it’s ironic how they tell me that they could so easily tell me of their problems because I think so carefully FOR them, with my head. Yet, for problems of my own, I think with my heart. Emotions get in the way, and I mess everything up instead. And I end up blaming no one but myself for being so foolish.

Such are the lessons in life. I think it's time I take back what's mine. To hell with what everyone think. How many people can I please this lifetime? One hundred? One thousand? How about just one?

Yeah. Me.

No comments: