March 27, 2006

Weekend At Tokyo with My Ol' Man

Had a great weekend with Dad at Tokyo. Disneysea's great when you don't have to pay for it. Actually, anything is great when you don't have to pay for it. Tee hee hee! Of course, I enjoyed the company very much; these are certainly moments to treasure with yer ol' man.

We actually sat very few rides at Disneysea; 1) I've already sat most of 'em during my first visit, and more importantly 2) I didn't allow Dad to ride on any of the rollercoasters or any thrilling rides for fear of his health. It was only AFTER we left Disneysea, he told me that he's just ridden the Space Mountain at the Hong Kong Disneyland two months ago, and why was it that I wouldn't let him ride any of the milder ones at Disneysea?!! Geez, that's gratitude for ya. Tsk tsk tsk. In my defence, he was more interested in taking photos anyway. In 4 hours, he took hundreds! There were so many people at Disneysea that day, thank God for the Fastpass facilities! (with a Fastpass for each ride, you can skip the long-ass queues to the popular rides. Unfortunately, you can only use one Fastpass every 1~2 hours, which sucks when you wanna go for many rides in a short period of time)

Went to Ueno Park on Sunday morning. The sakura has finally bloomed! It's a pity that these flowers only stay bloomed for a week or so. It was a lovely sight, with the cherry blossom trees looming over the paths, and the pink and white flowers shade the walkways. It was a good thing that we went to the park early (well, the shops weren't opened at 9am yet), because in just under an hour, the park became very crowded with people, having picnics at the sides of the roads, just to enjoy the cherry blossoms.

The best part of the weekend? Akihabara. A gadget-freak like me CANNOT go to Akihabara and leave without getting anything. It's virtually impossible (and a crime too)! It's a good thing Dad was with me, or else it's credit-card swiping time. Bought a 60GB external hard disk for 9,800yen, which was quite a good deal for such a small and light one. Also bought a cordless Logitech mouse for 2,800yen. I stared at the Palmone LifeDrive for such a long time, drooling at it, until Dad had to drag my ass out of the shop. Sigh. Dad too had to resist the temptation from buying a hard disk recorder, which was really cheap (about 36,000yen).

All in all, fantastic weekend with Dad. Truly moments to cherish. Photos a-coming in my next post, so stay tuned!

No comments: