March 31, 2006

Tokyo DisneySea

Tokyo DisneySea is pretty much a land of many lands. This theme park attracts a more mature demographic compared to the young 'uns (but believe me, there's no less of 'em friggin' kids up and about everywhere), due to the picturesque landscapes and architecture. The younger generation (God, that makes me sounds so bloody old) prefers Disneyland due to the abundance of thrilling rides and attractions compared to the ones at DisneySea.

Image hosting by Photobucket


An entrance ticket to DisneySea costs 5500yen (adult fare) for an all-day Passport. This enables one to ride and see any of the attractions for free at the park. Unfortunately, this ticket does not include meals, and most importantly, the gorgeous souvenirs which could ultimately burn an even bigger hole in the pocket compared to the entrance fare. Yep, trust the one who spent about 8000yen JUST on souvenirs, and they're not even for me!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

The Mediterranean Harbour would be my favourite land of all, as it resembles a southern European port town. Whether it's strolling the streets of a fishing village, or riding the gondola through the canals reminiscent of Venice (okay, fine, I stole this line from the website, but hey, it's true), you cannot help but sigh at the sheer romanticism of it all. I once compared a photo I took at the Mediterranean Harbour with a photo of the real Venice, and believe me, you CANNOT spot the difference (that is, if you manage to take the photo at DisneySea without any Japanese at the background making peace signs).

Image hosting by Photobucket

I'm not really sure of what to say about the Mermaid Lagoon, other than I can't really find something to fancy there. A tad too juvenile for my tastes (incidentally, this is the section where you find the most girls at). I used to be (I stress the word USED) quite a fan of the cartoon, The Little Mermaid, but mostly because I wish I had her gorgeous, albeit totally fake, red luscious locks. By the way, I managed to take a photograph WITH the very gorgeous Prince Eric (and no, he was not a statue or soft toy), so if you wanna check it out, drop me an email. Or maybe I'll just send it to everyone to drool over.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

The Arabian Coast is a rather unique section of the theme park; it's a recreation of the exotic enchanted world from 1001 Arabian Nights. The architecture of the buildings here are fantastic. Unfortunately, this also happens to be a very popular land amongst the patrons, so it was extremely crowded. I had lunch there too, which was a rather pathetic example of nasi goreng with tandoori chicken, etc.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Dad and I didn't ride any of the attractions at Lost River Delta, as the place was jam-packed with people. There was a 90 minute wait on the Indiana Jones ride, which was just ridiculous. Anyways, it wasn't much to cry about.

Image hosting by Photobucket

The American Waterfront was quite a lively place. It's supposed to be an experience of old New York enlivened by new immigrants, and the New England fishing village of Cape Cod. The S.S. Columbia's (the ocean liner) the main attraction of the section. There was a barbershop quartet which I really enjoyed, who sang Disney-themed songs to the crowd. I think I was the only excited foreigner there clapping and mouthing the words to the songs!

Image hosting by Photobucket


Mysterious Island was also another part of DisneySea which isn't much to cry about. It captures the writings of Jules Verne in portraying Captain Nemo's secret base. The architecture of the place was superb, but the rides were abysmal. The "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea" was absolutely rubbish (incidentally, that was the ride which my Japanese girlfriend and I waited 90 mins for, during my first trip to DisneySea). Unfortunately, once again, I missed the "Journey to the Centre of the Earth" ride.

All in all, I had a great time at DisneySea. Mostly because I was with Dad, who was such a blast. Bet Mum's green with envy after looking at the fab photos. Only spent 3000yen on souvenirs this time. Not too bad, eh? Hey, I gotta save the money, replenish the almost-dry bucket.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Wish on a fountain of gold coins, anyone?

No comments: