April 11, 2006

Hanami Weekend

Last weekend was hanami all the way with friends, and also my section colleagues. Last Saturday, my Jappy boss organised a hanami BBQ party for our section members at Kannonyama Family Park. The weather was rather lousy; it was raining the first hour, sunny the next, rain again ... you get the picture. Our food was burnt, wet, burnt again ... ish. Still, we had a great time.

Kiddie trampoline

There was this HUGE trampoline thingy at the nearby playground which I simply had to try out, and that was so much fun. Yeah yeah I know, being one of the very few adults on the trampoline, I probably looked like an idiot snatching jumping space with 'em dang kids, but what the hell, it was bloody enjoyable. Fell down many times, as I couldn't seem to keep up with my balance. Still, good stuff.


Park by Suzuran, Takasaki

Sunday was pretty much walking about town to check out the remaining sakura trees still with their blossoms. There was also a sakura festival going on, but we were a little too late; most of the food was already sold. I managed to snag myself some yaki manju to share with a friend.

Pretty longkang

Believe it or not, that's a longkang (drain)

'Tis a pity that most of the lovely blossoms have now fallen, leaving nothing but just plain cherry trees. Oh well, till next year then.

No comments: