April 03, 2006

Oh Email, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me?

There are some things which we cannot live without. Essentially, these would be food, water, a roof over our head. Of course, being a woman, I can say that there are probably plenty of which that I cannot live without, but this is not one of 'em "I-need-more-bags" posts. If posed with the over-asked "if you were stuck on a deserted island, what would you wish you had with you?" question, I'd be totally impractical and say my mobile phone. And email. I know, I know, like there'd be Internet access on a deserted island blah blah blah, but stay with me, won't ya?

My gripe is, I've been without email access for over a week now. It's bad enough that I cannot access my personal Yahoo email account at the office, but with the work email down for over a week, I'm close to going out of my mind. My source of communication to the outside world has been limited to just the ONE, and believe me, it's not easy keeping in touch with that person either, what with the busy schedule at work and all. And it's as frustrating as hell. I need to talk to other people! (Edit - to my only channel of communication, you know who you are. No offence, ya? The brain rope's pretty thin now *grin*)

They say that with every cloud, there's a silver lining. That wee shining bit comes in the form of my phone. Thank God my phone comes with an email address, or else I don't think I can write all this just now. Still, there are limits on using my phone's email address, as it doesn't look good for me to be texting on my phone all the time.

Anyways, just in case y'all been wondering where the hell I've been, well, there ya go. Email's been dead for over a week.

Help!

PS: By the way, I've enabled comments once again (didn't know what I was thinking about when I disabled them anyway. Yes, I'm fickle. Live with it). So write!

No comments: