April 25, 2006

Of Okonomiyaki and A So-So Movie

Lookit what my friend made me for lunch last Saturday.

Okonomiyaki

Homemade okonomiyaki! How sweet. Totally unexpected; I went to her apartment to give her her share of the white radish we bought together, and she told me to hang around a bit, cos she'd make me okonomiyaki for lunch. And it tasted just like the real thing! Fantastic cook, bless her.

The Producers was not as good as I expected. For the love of me, Matthew Borderick CANNOT sing. Neither can Uma Thurman, although she wasn't really singing, more like speaking the words to the song. The songs were repetitive (can't even remember how many times the song "I Wanna Be A Producer" came up), and the set was just bland. The only saving grace was Nathan Lane; the songs were a little repressing, but he managed it well. I came out of the cinema with a slight headache and disappointment, my Jappy friend came out singing praises (literally) about the movie. Eh.

No comments: