April 03, 2006

Of Sushi, Shopping, and a Spooky Movie

Ever tried breaking a record? Nope, not vinyl, although I think we should totally get rid of those. I mean, who the heck plays them these days? And please, they do NOT sound better, despite what all you "retro" people think (retro's just another word for old-fashioned. And no, do NOT get me started on that).

Ah, but I digress. I was talking about breaking some sort of record, you know, Guiness BOR, Malaysian BOR, etc. That's what we tried doing on Saturday. The company had some sort of mini fund-raising festival, and one of the main attractions was "making the longest sushi". Apparently, the Japan BOR's record for the longest sushi was 110m in length.

Longest sushi

The gym was crowded that day, with company employees and their children joining in for the fun. We managed 120m that day. Still, I didn't think it was that big a deal, as I didn't see anybody from the media that day. Which is weird, cos these people have the media at their feet for almost anything out of the ordinary, or conventional even. Oh well, there goes my chance on being on Japanese national TV.

After the festival, my friends and I went shopping, at this place called Shimamura. It sells really cheap clothes. I bought my springwear there, which was like, 700yen for a light pullover, and 2300yen for a jacket. What a steal (unfortunately, on Sunday, I bought a Morgan purse from Takashimaya which was on sale, but cost more than my shopping combined on Saturday. Guilt trip!).

We went back to our respective homes for a bit, before meeting up again for dinner, and a movie. Watched
The Exorcism of Emily Rose. I was totally against the idea; one, I do not watch movies like this at the cinema, and two, I do not watch movies like this. Period. Majority won (well, one of them wouldn't watch Brokeback Mountain as I suggested, cos surprise, surprise, homophobe!!), and I couldn't talk them out of it. Anyways, that movie scared the shit out of me; I couldn't even leave my bed to pee that night. Geez.

On a lighter, and totally different note, I just got promoted. Ahh, it's been a good week after all.

No comments: