April 14, 2006

Tine's in Dire Need of a Holiday

Gosh, I can't remember the last time I went on a holiday. A proper out-of-the-country-away-from-the-family-shop-till-you-drop holiday. Japan's not a "holiday" place for me, cos it'll always be work first over here, but yeah, I do have many very memorable and fantabulous moments here *wink*.

Methinks it's time for me to go for a long, well-deserved break. After I return from Japan, that is. I need a break away from EVERYTHING. Leaving all sorts of baggage behind for at least a week. Ahh ... the thought of it is so sweet.

So anyways, I may have mentioned it before, but the US of A was my first choice many months ago. But after considering what a pain in the ass applying for a US visa is, I'm wondering if I still want to go there. I'm weighing my options, on how much I'd spend if I go someplace else. My next choice would be Australia, which I'm quite keen on. Hoping to *ahem* parasite off my friend in Melbourne if I'm there. I haven't told her yet, but I'm sure she'll read it here, and will welcome me with open arms (Edit - bestest, bestest friend, May. Remember? *grin*). There's always the UK, but, sad to say, it's my last choice, because I remember how freaking expensive it is over there.

Coming back to earth, I have to consider the most important factor of all - money. Sigh. The destination depends on my budget, which is sadly lacking, after I bought my car. Let's weigh my options one more time.
1. US - I stay with my aunt and her family, i.e free lodging, free food, and pretty much free anything (of course I'd pay for a meal or two. I'm not a cheapskate. I wonder if the McDonalds in the US is still as good as I remembered ...), but hanging out with ... err ... an older generation of folks. It won't be dull, but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get wasted when they're around (hey, I'm on holiday. Getting wasted is a must).
2. Australia - HOPEFULLY free lodging, pay for own food, pay for own sight-seeing action, pay for own anything, but will be guaranteed a blast of a time as the friend will bring me out for a good time. Oh, and she'll introduce me to her gay friends too.

So there ya go. Money vs. amount of fun. What to do, what to do.

5 comments:

charmedcookie said...

Go Thailand...cheap cheap!

Anonymous said...

well now, since you graciously asked me if you could stay here, I guess I have no choice but to say yes :P

Hey you know what we should do? Save up tonnes of money and fly to US, and meet chin in NY...I've ALWAYS wanted to go NY! Alternatively, yes, you can come visit me here first, then save up more money for our US trip..hehe..

When are you thinking of anyway

beetrice said...

Hmmm...forgot the Bangkok trip in the process huh...*hmph*

Tine said...

evanescent: The Bangkok trip is DEFAULT :P

beetrice said...

wahliao...."DEFAULT" summore? hmmmmmmmm....*helpless laughter*

You really know how to make a gal feel needed...