May 15, 2008

Damn Lady, That's A Lot Of Gold

So I had a good time in the city with Julia (aka Mrs Zewt) yesterday. Zewt, you lucky bugger, she's absolutely lovely. And so pretty! :p

Picking The NoseFunny thing yesterday, as I was taking the train home. It was rush hour, so I decided to take the limited express train home, which would bypass a lot of the suburbs before reaching mine. As it was rush hour, there were a lot of people on the train, with many squashed to the sides. As the train I took at Flinders St was the first train, I managed to get myself a seat. A couple of stations later, a Caucasian lady got in, and sat opposite me. A station later, an Indian lady got in and sat next to her.

Throughout the entire train ride, the Indian lady spent every 2 to 3 minutes picking her nose. And I don't mean a discreet flick of the nose; I mean the whole index finger, jammed up the nose, digging for every bit of gold. You can even see her finger moving in the nose! The first time she dug for some gold, the Caucasian lady (who was reading a book) glanced at her in utter disgust, shook her head, tsked quietly, and back to her book with an eyebrow raised in disgust.

And that happened every time the Indian lady dug for gold. She was totally oblivious to the Caucasian lady looking at her in disgust. I was so amused at the Caucasian lady's reaction that I didn't even flinch in disgust at the Indian lady's horrible habit. She was really uncomfortable, frowning, shifting in her seat, raising a lot of eyebrows, etc, and the Indian lady was oblivious to it all the whole time. That must be a heck lot of gold up that nose. Dig, flick (eeeuwww!!), dig, flick, dig, flick. I have a feeling the poor dude next to her (who had no idea what was going on, as he was leaning forward at his seat, with earphones on) must have a lot of extra "goodies" on his back :P

When we were reaching our stop (oh yeah, Indian lady got off the same station I did), I was so tempted to say to the Caucasian lady "hey, at least I don't have to look at the digging". *shudder*

As there were still many people on the train, we had to hold on to the sides to walk to the exit doors. Even though there was space left on the handle where the Indian lady had her hand on, I looked at the "spade", and decided to hold on to something else.

I don't need the extra "gold" :p

9 comments:

Jacey said...

haha that's so funny! some people are just unbelievable aren't they :)

Anonymous said...

YUKS to the gold digger!!!
Should send her to Ballarat. :p

When I make my next trip there.. you can introduce me to Mrs Zewt. ;)

Anonymous said...

Eeyer...

L B said...

Was really into a Get Rich Quick scheme...

Anonymous said...

Mrs Zewt? Hahah..Now thats the first time someone has called me that! I see you were well entertained on the train ride back! Oh oh, once I caught this lady on the tram picking her ear crap and eating it! Eww..

Anonymous said...

It's funny but at the same time I feel gross reading it ... XD

the Constantly Dramatic One said...

I wonder if the lady digs her nows during her wedding day as well....

zewt said...

well, hope i will make it there soon and.... hopefully no such encounter for me.

Anonymous said...

ew i wonder why these ppl js cnt keep their fingers in private!