October 06, 2005

Long Weekend (And A New Phone!)

My first post after being MIA for a while. I'm back in Japan, and things are going okay. So far, that is. The weather on my first week here was rather crazy; it was cold one day, and blazing hot the next. Didn't go too well by me; I fell ill on the first week. Came down with the flu, and bad stomachache. Geez.

Oh, I did manage to get myself a new toy though. Bought a new mobilephone here. It's a Vodafone V401D by Mitsubishi, and it's got to be the fanciest phone I have ever used. Ironically, it was also the cheapest phone I have ever bought (10290 yen). It was rather odd that I had to buy the phone at a convenience store. Vodafone outlets only sell the el-cheapo prepaid mobile phones, but not the fancypants ones. Only convenience stores stock the good prepaid phones. If only our 7-Elevens and D-Limas sell such items, huh? ;)

This weekend is going to be a long one. I'm off work this Friday, and next Monday (whoopee!). Will be heading down to Tokyo with a couple of Japanese friends. Gonna paint the town red!

Wheee.

No comments: