October 18, 2005

Persecution of the Wrong Pooch

This is just sick to the eyes.

RM100 fine for dog abuse

The idiot neglected his pooch to be infested with ticks, did not give the dog any medical attention, and when vets could not save it, the poor mutt had to be put to sleep. And for that, the owner just had to pay RM100 for getting on with his life whilst the dog had to pay with his life.

Now I'm not much of a dog fan. Sure, I coo at cute puppies (come on, wouldn't you?) and I pat the occasional dog, but most of the time, I'd prefer if they keep their wet tongues away from me, that they poop in the right places, all that jazz. That's why my dog isn't too keen on me, but then again, he and I had an agreement with each other. I feed him at the right time, with the right food (and no dog biscuit crap either - it's GOT to be fatty meat), and he doesn't lick me. Period.

But to neglect your dog to such poor conditions, now that's a crime. You know what the biggest crime committed here is? It's that the idiot was only slapped on the wrist with a measly fine of RM100. It's inhumane, I tell you. If tables were turned, e.g. the dog bites the owner in the ass, would the dog be given a light punishment? Nope, he'd be put to sleep too.

I'm not saying that dogs and humans are equal, but justice has to be served. And a RM100 fine for such a heinous crime is just plain insulting.

May the poor pooch rest in peace.

2 comments:

Adrian said...

They should have put that monster to sleep too.

beetrice said...

i reckon they should have just said "you're old and sickly too, lets just give you a tick infestation and leave you there to rot as well"....that poor dog - i was totally pissed when i read that...