December 08, 2006

So Christmas Is Coming

Just checked my calendar, boy, am I having a busy month or what? All my weekends are full; I have a girlfriend's hen night to attend this weekend (organised it and everything too, with party favours, and stuff), a beauty salon's opening ceremony (only for the freebies, dahlinks), luncheons, whole lotta meetings, and a high school reunion for the rest of the month. AND this does not even include Christmas shopping.

I just love Christmas, don't you? Especially the shopping. For some reason, I get a warm and fuzzy feeling everytime I give someone a present. Like they said, 'tis better to give than to receive', right? However, this year, the presents are going to be a tad cheaper, as I'm so broke right now, it's not even funny. Sure, there's always the year-end bonus and stuff, but that's going straight into my savings account, so yeah, I won't be able to buy much presents this year.

Still, Christmas is going to be great this year. I can feel it in my bones. I've had a pretty lousy one last year, and the worst new year's eve possible, but this year ... it's different. For the first time in a long while, I'm finally happy again. I'm finally able to move on, take control of my life and to be myself again. Life could not be better.

My Christmas wish? For the boyfriend to be here during the holiday season. Unfortunately, he's not able to come back during this time, so I guess we'd have to settle on ... err ... celebrating it online. Singing carols over the webcam, anyone? Tee hee hee. There's always the annual Christmas BBQ with the family, which is going to be great, when Mum finally makes her absolutely fabulous spicy squid and pineapple prawn kebabs (we only get to have that once a year. Tsk tsk tsk).

What's your Christmas wish this year?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chin:GOING HOME!!!