October 22, 2007

Sickie Weekend

I am sick. Again :(

This isn't good. For the past two decades, I've never been sick more than twice a year, but this year, it's like my immune system's been shot to pieces.

Just got back from the doctor's. Check out my "loot".

Meds

The doc diagnosed me with acute tonsillitis. Just as well, I have high fever, and every time I swallow, it feels as though there's fire in my throat. Worst of all, my lymph nodes on my left side are now really swollen and painful.

I don't know whether to go to work tomorrow. I mean, I'm sicker than a cat, but I do have work to do, plus I don't want that idiot in the office to think I'm skivving off work again. Office politics. Don't you just hate 'em?

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a LOT of drugs to take. Whee.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

If really sick and feel could not work, then no need to go work. why care of what they thinking of? I really hate "office politics"

Anonymous said...

Take a sickie & have a good rest.

Hope you'll feel better soon. *HUGS*

Anonymous said...

AARGHH.. I'd hate to fall sick so often too.. Rest well, and I'm sure you'd be back on your feet again soon!

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

hmmm... is that red/yellow capsule antibiotics? cause I got exactly the same one on friday.... also with sore throat/fever. U take care, a lot of ppl sick recently

bc

Anonymous said...

"have high fever, and every time I swallow, it feels as though there's fire in my throat. Worst of all, my lymph nodes on my left side are now really swollen and painful."

i know your feeling.. as i kena this acute tonsillitis also few months ago. that 1 whole week i just want to cut off my throat.. very very very suffer.. high fever, lost my voice, awake few times in the midnight because fire is burning my throat! my daily meals are only porridge & milk & mee sua soup & medicine! =( it was a nightmare!

anyway, hope you'll recover soon!

rinnah said...

You poor thing! Do get a good rest and don't push it if you're not feeling well.

Office politics can be d*mned! *grin*

beetrice said...

For goodness sakes, screw the office politics...thisis a good example of how work is BAD for your health, eh? :) Get well soon girl..

may said...

oh dear... aren't sick days just despicable? get well soon!

zewt said...

dont need to work lor... just stay home and rest la.

TrueBluePenangite said...

STAY AT HOME AND REST! Plus, just say that it is highly infectious and you have everyone's good health to think about...I mean, after all...where do you think you got it from?

Anonymous said...

Ew..I can't believe they still give that liquid shit out..tastes like crap. I'd rather stay sick than take that foul tasting thing!!