August 29, 2005

Patience Is A Virtue

I learnt a very valuable lesson on patience today. Someone once said, "good things come to those who wait". No thanks to my impatience, I (almost) lost something very precious to me.

If only I have waited. A damning lesson to learn indeed :-(

To you whom I have hurt due to my thoughtlessness, I'm sorry. No words can express my deepest regret. I wish, evermore, that things were as before.

Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering you own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them - every day begin the task anew. - St Francis de Sales

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Not the power to remember, but its very opposite, the power to forget, is a necessary condition for our existence."
- Sholem Asch