August 25, 2005

Upcoming Family Day

The place where I'm working at is having a Family Day next Sunday. Apparently the last time the company had had such an event was five years ago. I thought the tradition died as time went by. I wonder what brought it back.

I could vaguely remember the last time I went to such an event. I was about 5 years old. Remembered tagging alongside my parents, hiding behind Mumsy's leg, shy to everyone else. I couldn't recall much of what happened that day, except that there were a lot of kids running about, pushing it each other, crying when they "lost" their parents in the crowd. Oh yes, I also had to call my parents' friends "Aunty" and "Uncle" the entire event. Not a whole lot of fun, if you ask me.

What's with the idea of even having a Family Day? A day of interaction with other colleagues and their families outside of the office? (a pretty silly concept, really, since the event will still be held at company premises) Or simply an event to show the company's "softer" side? Either way, I got suckered to get involved. The whole department did. Still, it's going to be a sight, seeing the "halo-ed" managers get down and dirty with the games and all *grin*.


Family Day. It could be fun this time. I shall remain optimistic ;)

No comments: