June 05, 2006

26th Birthday


I'm officially 26 today. Yeps, happy birthday to me *grin*.

Dinner with friends yesterday was fabulous. Had a great time. Actually gotten some pressies too (thanks guys!). Went to the famous German restaurant, but I have to say, the service SUCKs big time. The waiter actually raised his voice at my friend when she thought he brought her the wrong food! I was like, WTF? The staff obviously reserve their better service for the foreigners *roll eyes*. If it's not for the good food, I'd definitely not be going back.


So anyhoos, after that, we went out for drinks. As the *ahem* birthday girl, the first round of drinks was on me. Man, the drinks were bloody expensive. And they weren't even that good. My Long Island Iced Tea (one of my favourite drinks, by the way) was totally watered down. Anyways, I should have told the rest it's a two-drinks minimum night much earlier, cos man, only a few of us drank at least twice. Well, it's a good thing, I guess, cos the drinks weren't good anyway. Stayed till 12 something, then headed home.


Ooooh, my housekeeper of 19 years made me breakfast AND two red eggs for birthday today (had an angpow from her too, hehe). I don't know the significance of the red eggs (the red inky stains are still on my fingers as I type this), but it's supposed to be good wishes or good luck or something. Mum got me some Estee Lauder loose powder, which is VERY useful.


Had lunch with some girlfriends (we go way back from secondary school!) today, and then did some shopping. Too bad we couldn't hang out together for long cos my stomach started acting up, and it got really uncomfortable walking around the mall. Can't figure how the pain started though, cos I don't think I ate anything bad, and it's definitely not that time of the month. Oh well.

Going out for dinner with my family later. Mum said that I could choose my choice of restaurant since it's my birthday. I suggested the kopitiam near my house. Let's just say she wasn't amused *grin*. In future, I'm just going to ask her "Mum, it's my birthday. Where do YOU wanna eat?" So far, it's been a great weekend. So cheers to me, and to all of you, for your warm wishes.

Till my next birthday, may my year of 26 continue to be great *wink*.

No comments: