June 03, 2006

It's Been A While

Apologies for the lack of updates. Haven't really been in the mood to write much, given the turn of events and things which happened the past couple of weeks. But hey, I'm back, so let's see ...

Well, I'm back home now. For the first time, after all these trips to Japan, I kinda wish I'm not. I guess being away, I can still pretend and live in a world where I don't have to be smacked with reality every single day. But hey, that's not how it works. Maybe it's just Someone Up There's way of saying "hey, this is life, deal with it". I'm not one who give up easily. I didn't give up so easily then (even though in the end, I had no choice but to do so, but goddamnit, I sure fought tooth and nail for it), and given how things are now, I sure as hell ain't gonna give up on myself. I'm no quitter.

Still, there ARE some things which are perhaps starting to look up for me, but I'm not going to jinx it, so for now, I'm keeping mum.

Anyhoos, enough of all those. Haven't been up to much since I came back. Can't seem to get off my lazy arse to do anything. Finally watched The Da Vinci Code yesterday. Hmm, quite disappointing. Felt kinda bad dragging my pals to watch the movie, when it wasn't even that good. I guess that's why there were mixed reviews about the movie; some like it hot, some like it not. Well, I thought it just lacked the 'oomph' I felt in the book. Either that, or I've read the book so many times, the movie just didn't cut it for me.

On a much brighter note, if you call it one, my birthday's coming up in two days! Yes yes, I'll officially be over-the-hill 26 by then. I was kinda moaning about growing another year older, that I've finally hit the "over 25" slot, but hey, I'm still young, still oh-so-fabulous *grin*. Having a dinner and drinks thingy with some friends tomorrow. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're going out with friends on your birthday too! Send me pics!!

Happy Birthday, Bestest Friend in the World! ;)