June 10, 2006

Here Comes The World Cup!

Goodbye sleep, hello endless cups of coffee, raccooned-eyes and pumped-up adrenaline, cos the World Cup begins today!

I'm not talking about me, of course, since I'm obviously not a football fan. Heck, 22 grown men, all sweaty and stinky, chasing after a ball? Er, no thanks!

The opening match is at 11.45pm later, and I'm still contemplating on whether to watch the game. Normally, I wouldn't, but it IS the opening game (Germany vs. Costa Rica) after all. Hmm ... Ah heck, if I missed it, I'll just catch the scores on the news tomorrow *grin*. Then I'd still be able to join in the footie conversations ... well, a tiny part of it anyway. It's like saying "oh yeah, I've read Henry V" when all I did was read the synopsis at the back of the book *cheeky grin*.

The weekend has started. Yay!

No comments: