April 12, 2007

Scott Barnes Chic Palette

Guess what came in the mail yesterday?

StrawberryNET package
Ooh ... nice purple ribbon

I bought something from the makeup and cosmetic online store, StrawberryNET which the ladies were hyping about. Thought I'd try it out, 'cos the prices of the items on sale are pretty good, and with free shipping, it's definitely tempting.

Yep, it's the Scott Barnes Chic Palette which Paris was talking about. I'm a big fan of blusher, although Mum's pretty against the idea of me wearing rouge on my face to work every day. She said that her dermatologist advised her against such frequent wear of rouge, as it would aggravate the freckles on the face. Since I too have a tendency of developing freckles (I am fiercely protecting my face with sunscreen), I really tried to not use blusher on my face, but I can't help it. I like that fake glow it gives me when I go to work every morning, or else I'd look all washed-out and tired.

StrawberryNET gift-wrapped
Not bad eh? It comes gift-wrapped too

Anyways, back to the Chic Palette. I reckoned I'd try it out, since Paris was advocating it (hehe). It was on sale anyway; I thought I'd give it a go. I bought it for RM62, which wasn't too bad for three colours. Plus the package is pretty sleek. I don't really like the fact that there's no clasp/catch for the lid to close tightly, but then again, I don't reckon I'd be bringing it around much, given that it's quite big.

Scott Barnes Chic Palette

I have yet to try out all the colours; I tried the medium pink to work this morning, and I found the colour quite pretty (I have a thing for pink). You don't have to use much for the colour to show, which is good. I do not like blushers which you need to use a lot of colour just for it to show on your skin (it's not just a waste, but too much on the face isn't good for the skin). So far, I'm a-liking this one. I look forward to trying the rest of the colours out this weekend ;)

Do check it out if you're a blusher girl like me. I definitely have no regrets with this product, that's for sure.

4 comments:

PB said...

Yay! But how come your box looks like your postman played football with it? Mine came pretty much pristine :) And I didn't know that about blush causing freckles. I had freckles way before I used makeup so I dont' think there's a real co-relation between the two? But I don't know. I very religious with sunscreen though and still freckly sheesh...

beetrice said...

Haha...oh my...here comes the attack of the pink woman!! :)

But the item looks absolutely gorgeous la woman...I have SO got to check that site out!

Anonymous said...

is it long lasting?

Tine said...

Misery: Yeah, it is actually. I had it on all day at work, and it didn't 'run' in the heat when I was out for lunch.