December 31, 2008

Tine's New Year Resolutions for 2009

2009 On A Hill


Launch my own line of ... something

There really IS a something, but I'm only going to do it after Chinese New Year, as I would only be back in Melbourne then. I'm really excited (and a tad apprehensive, to be honest) about this one. I've been working on it for a month now. All will be revealed in due time.

Finish up something I've started

I tend to have this problem where I'd start doing something, but halfway through, I'd leave it and move on to something else. I have to start seeing things through, may it be good or bad.

Exercise more and lose weight

Sigh, this has been my new year resolution for years now, but I've never been able to achieve my target. In fact, I plunged even further from it when I came here, and got through the winter months with comfort food. Please, for once, let me be able to do this this year!

Laugh more, worry less

Too many frown lines from the ups and downs of 2008. It takes less muscles to smile anyway.

Get a home of our own

This would be the biggest challenge in 2009, and also the most expensive. But I'm really looking forward to it, to have a home of our own. Finally growing up! :)

Get a proper driver's license

I only have an Australian learner's permit up till now. Gotta get my act together and sit for the practical exam next year. I was never really motivated to do it this year, as I have great access to public transportation, which is pretty good here. But when I move to whatever suburb I'd be living, I may not be so fortunate.

Have more "alone time" with the husband

Living with a housemate now doesn't allow us much time together, just the two of us. It wouldn't be long till we're pressured to have children, so I think it's vital we savour our time together as much as possible before we welcome little ones into our lives.


Be thankful for what I already have

Well, that just says it all, doesn't it?


What are your resolutions for 2009? Any new ones to add? Or just trying to get through the old ones like me?

6 comments:

Kamigoroshi said...

I haven't done a New Year's resolution for years because I found out that I actually get things done more realistically if I didn't have them at all as opposed to writing down my own resolutions.

The closest thing I can have is a grand plan that doesn't fit a time scale. Everytime I complete a task, I move on to the next one, and the next and the next, ensuring that I will always have something to do aside from the crisis that I have to fend off in between.

Anonymous said...

How exciting :) Your own line...ooh I can't wait!! :)

Happy 2009, Tine! May it bring you and Tim lots of happiness and success!

beetrice said...

i'm waiting for the big announcement too! *wink*

Happy New Year, babes... :) and I'll see you real soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing you're launching your own line of beauty products? Or a blog portal relating to your beauty products? I wish you every success with your endeavours :D

Oh, and, I don't have many resolutions this year, just two:
(1) to say YES more often than NO, because I have learned that saying YES get more things done, and
(2) to procrastinate less, because it is impossible to not procrastinate at all, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Here's to your achieving everything you resolve in 2009 and more!

Happy New Year 2009, tine & tim!

Vivi said...

hi Tine! I've been reading your blog for some time, just haven't commented yet, haha. I totally know about you mean about losing weight as a resolution every year...and end up gaining weight at the end of the year. Its totally depressing, but this year, it has to be done! *nod nod*