February 06, 2007

Five Fragrance Faves

Oh my, another meme, eh? Tagged by Bea this time, and I'm gonna say, it's going to be a lil' tough for me to describe my favourite perfume. I don't understand the different tones each perfume has, nor do I understand what they mean by citrusy (err, meaning it smells like oranges?), woodsy (apa macam kayu?), floral (honestly, I tried sticking my nose into flowers; they don't smell all that good, except for roses), etc.

Anyways, here's a list of my favourite perfume, in no particular order. I won't be able to tell you exactly what it smells like, but I'll tell you why I love 'em.


Elizabeth Arden's Fifth Avenue

Fifth Avenue

A very classy fragrance, which I snuck a few sprays everytime I stop by mum's dressing table. I was probably in Form 1 or 2 when Dad bought this for mum, and I've always loved it. This was the first perfume which I do not think stinks, compared to the heavy Chanel stuff Mum uses. This perfume is surprisingly still quite expensive, despite all of Arden's other perfume ranges.


Clinique's Happy Heart

Happy Heart

This is my absolute favourite, and I wear this to work every day. Again, it was part of mum's stash (she has a table ful of perfume, thanks to my dad who gets her a bottle everytime he's away on business trips), before she got me a bottle of my own for my birthday a couple of years ago. It's not strong, which I really like. I can't stand overly powerful fragrances, like the ones from Chanel. There's a bottle of Chanel Cristalle that my dad got me, which I only used twice.


Givenchy's My Givenchy!

My Givenchy

Again, not a strong perfume, which I like. It's quite ... err ... citrusy (I think, 'cos I think I smelt oranges. Tee hee hee). This perfume means a lot to me as it was the first expensive perfume I bought for myself, and it was from Japan. My stay in Japan for the past year and a half has not been easy; it was very stressful at work, and also being on my own, in a strange land where I cannot communicate. I always try to get myself something nice after my trips, and My Givenchy was my very first.


Estee Lauder's Pleasures Exotic

Pleasures Exotic

When Estee Lauder's Pleasures first came out, I thought it smelt rather unique. I had a bottle of it, but gave it to mum in the end because it got too strong for my liking. When I was given the Exotic, I was rather skeptical in using it, as I thought it would be as strong as its predecessor. To my surprise, the fragrance was lighter, and definitely smelt better than the original. Plus, I think the bottle's real pretty, with embossed flowers.


Lancome's Hypnose

Hypnose

This was given by the boyfriend, which was, in actual fact, one of the first presents he gave me. I love the shape of the bottle (very unique and ... err ... "angle-y"), and the scent's refreshing. I like wearing this when I go out in the evenings, as the fragrance is long-lasting.


Well, I'm gonna extend this to Paris, TrueBluePenangite and Kleio to find out what their faves are ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Depending on my mood & occasion, I'm currently using Burberry London, Eternity Moment, CD's Jadore and Forever & Ever, and Clinique's Happy Heart. :p

beetrice said...

Oooh..Estee Lauder Pleasures Exotic!! Hypnose is a bit too strong for me though...

I loved the original Clinique Happy... :) but now have a new fave - Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise BLUE!! *rofl*

Tine said...

Jemima: Oooh ... another Happy Heart fan. Yay! :P

Beetrice: The original Happy's okay nia for me. Hmm I have yet to try the EL Beyond Paradise Blue. Time to visit Parkson for some freebies, hehe!

TrueBluePenangite said...

Thanks for tagging me for this meme but I am sadly,sadly allergic to perfume. One whiff and I have a full blown headache.

My bf is very happy about my allergies coz he never has to spend money on perfume.

Then again, I never have to spend money on perfume :)

Tine said...

Awww shucks. Lucky bf of yours then ;)

PP said...

Aiyoyo! Kena tag again ah... I'll need a bit of time with this ok? Hope you ate some trolls and their spam! Grr... hate trolls

Anonymous said...

Aiyoh. Sorry, I just got to know about this tag of yours. Will get about it soonest ok ;)

Just a bit worry on how am I to go about it... as I am not a user of perfume :P

Thanks for the tag. Cheers.