March 03, 2007

Blogger Spam Verification

This post was drafted four days ago, and could only be posted today.

I've been having problems posting entries on Blogger for the past few days. When I clicked on 'Create Post', I was greeted with this 'lovely' message.

Blogger Warning

Huh? Spam-prevention robots? I clicked for more.

Blogger Blocked

According to Blogger,

The ease of creating and updating webpages with Blogger has made it particularly prone to a form of behaviour known as link spamming. Blogs engaged in this behaviour are called spam blogs, and can be recognized by their irrelevant, repetitive, or nonsensical text, along with a large number of links, usually all pointing to a single site.

What the ... ?? My blog has characteristics of a spam blog?! What a load of nonsense. Man, I've seen a lot of crap with hundreds of links and ads here and there, but these sites are still there on the Internet. Of course, this could just be some random check by the bots, so till the humans check out my blog (oh yeah, they call it human verification; you know how 'efficient' that can be), I can't post jack.

I wonder if anyone else is facing the same problem. I'm not too bothered for not being able to post anything (heck I could do with the break), but I'm just tired of always facing problems with Blogger. Hmm ... it could be a sign that it's time I get my domain.

Now THAT, folks, is a very interesting notion.

3 comments:

Kleio the Muse said...

Actually another blogger mentioned the same problem too. But he didn't actually elaborate on it. It seems like my blog is still ok *crosses fingers*

Tine said...

Kleio: That's good, 'cos it's pretty annoying having to wait for people to actually look at your blog, THEN only verify it. Chia lat, man!

Kleio the Muse said...

Yeah, not so exciting for the commenter too. Sometimes it even confuses the commenter as to whether our comments has already been accepted or not.

Thought I must say Blogger did alright by indicating the status at the top of the comment box in a yellow strip once comments has been successfully sent.

I had some comment submission problem with Wordpress though. Sometimes ended up submitting it again as it doesn't really tell whether out comments are in or not :P

All these troublesome nuisance are the product of spammers. Boo them.