March 19, 2007

Jom Pi Karaoke!

Karaoke at Redbox during the weekend was pretty awesome. Went with a group of colleagues (yeah, it's not enough that I have to see them 5 days a week; I'm hounded by their presence during the weekend too. Okay, okay, KIDDING! *runs away and hide lest I kena egged*), to celebrate an ex-colleague's farewell, and a colleague's 'be-earlied' birthday.

Oh how I missed karaoke. I was a real karaoke kaki a few years ago, but for some reason, we never did organise another session, till last weekend. A few things I noticed:
  • Somehow, "Always" by Bon Jovi and "I don't wanna miss a thing" by Aerosmith's ALWAYS sung during karaokes (best way to come out with a hoarse throat, and no voice the next day)
  • There's always more noise than actual singing - WOOT!
  • Everything's freakin' overpriced at Redbox (naturally)
My favourite song to sing during a karaoke session's always "Stuck" by Stacie Orrico. That song is bloody fast to sing (and difficult too), but it's real rockin'. Too bad the MTV yesterday didn't have the lyrics (what lah, karaoke tadak lyrics, how can??), I felt somehow cheated :P

Can't wait for our next singing session. Karaoke anyone?

PS: Due to *ahem* privacy issues, no photos of the session will be posted here. Well, our open-mouths ain't too purdy to start off with anyway :P

2 comments:

Merv Kwok said...

Try singing a rap song hehe

Tine said...

Merv: Hahaha ... the lads sang "Numb" by Linkin Park, and oh boy, poor ears indeed :P Methinks if it was rap, lots of spit's going to cover the mics, that's for sure :P